Red Tricycle recently posted their list of the best, kid-friendly yurt camping sights around Western Washington. Staying in a yurt (a “yurt-cation”) is a great way to try yurt life for a few days, and Red Tricycle says (and we agree!) that it’s much more luxurious and comfortable than tent camping.
This list of reasons yurt camping is so great comes from the article …
Here’s what we think is super cool about yurt camping.
- You don’t have to set up a tent. Need we say more?
- Most yurts come with furniture – bunk beds with mattresses and sometimes a small couch and/or a small table. You bring your own bedding and other camping accessories.
- They often have a door that locks, which is great for stashing your goods while you’re out exploring. And, your food tucked away from curious wildlife.
- If you live in an area where a summer rain shower can hit unexpectedly overnight, you won’t wake up to a soggy tent…and a soggy family.
- Depending on the yurt location you choose, some are hooked up to electricity. Every parent realizes the value in this – even the hardcore camping parents.
Happy yurt camping!