3D Freeform Tube Bending
Rainier Industrial Art is proud to provide our clients with the most advanced 3D freeform tube bending technology in North America. This proprietary and innovative machine from Europe allows our clients to dream big!
The bender is currently creating an art installation for the new terminal of the Salt Lake City airport, scheduled to open in 2020. Artist Gordon Huether designed the project based on Utah's iconic canyons. Learn more.
Transform your space with architectural fabric cloud inspired sculptures, fabricated using our 3D freeform tube bending technology! Learn more.
- Bends pipe or tube with an outside diameter between 3/4” and 2 1/4”.
- Clean bending process. No oils used on tubing.
- Bends any commonly available metal (i.e. Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless Steel).
- It cannot bend plastic (PVC or ABS).
- The minimum radius bend is approximately 6”.
- The longest tube the machine can hold is 20’-0” long.
- Multiple pieces can be used to make larger lengths.
- Has the additional feature of being able to print on the tube before it is bent.
- The printing can be bar-code, QR-code, text (labeling), saw lines, drill holes, alignment marks, etc.
- Files received for the 3D Freeform Bender must be an IGS, RHI, or DWG file.
See this sneak peek of the bender's current project: an art installation for the new terminal of the Salt Lake City airport, scheduled to open in 2020.